In view of the present developments we have decided that guests with their own private bathroom facilities can come and camp from Monday the 4th of May. In addition, all rental accommodations with private bathroom will open. Tourist campers with private bathroom will be welcome again too. Our chemical toilet dump is open.
The camping is closed for tourist campers and accommodations without a privacte bathroom untill 20th of May. We are bound to follow the regulations stipulated by the Dutch government / RIVM (National Institute for Public Health) and our consultation with the Regional Health Boards.
The press conference on 6 May stated that it is possible that our sanitary facilities may be open from 1 July.
If you do not have a reservation with us, it is currently not possible to visit the playground or restaurant. If you have booked a pitch or accommodation with us you can swing by.
Tourist campers: 2 PM
Accommodations: 3 PM
Season and pre sommer pitches: 9 AM
BOOKING RENTAL ACCOMMODATION AND CAMPERS WITH THEIR OWN PRIVATE BATHROOM FACILITIES:
There are a number of conditions that need to be met in order to book a rental accommodation with private bathroom facilities:
- You may come to stay with members of your own household ONLY, in the interest of your own health and ours.
- Book online, in advance.
- Pay online, so that you can avoid going to Reception to settle your bill.
We strictly adhere to the instructions from the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health), and have thus implemented the following measures. These protect your health, minimise risk and will thereby help you relax. They are as follows:
- If you have a temperature/fever or a cold, do not come to the campsite. Stay at home. Family members should in that case also stay at home. Maximal two adults and possible with children.
- You may not receive visitors of any kind at the campsite at the moment.
- Our washrooms, small toilet buildings and sauna facilities are completely closed. The chemical toilet on the outside of our large washroom buildings may be used (see map).
- If you have your own bathroom facilities (minimum a toilet), you are very welcome to come camping.
- It is forbidden to assemble in groups. Please keep in mind that if this rule is not followed strictly it can have profound consequences. In addition to health risks the authorities from the Provincial Safeguarding Boards can decide to close the campsite completely.
- The Recreation Team will not be present, until at least the 20th of May. We will look at the situation again after the next government press conference.
- Our catering facilities will open partially and offer take away service. More information will be posted shortly on the website of restaurant Gestrand. The restaurant itself as well as the terrace are closed. A take away service will be offered seven days a week. Please check the website for the up to date opening times.
- Supermarket Spar & Behind the Beach bike rental will open with revised opening times. Opening times will be decided on the basis of demand. Please check the website for the latest opening times.
- Reception has revised opening times that can be found on the website. We urge you to contact them by telephone as much as possible and in order to minimise visiting Reception in person. Should you need to come in, then please remember that only one person can be in Reception at any time. Keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from other people. We do not accept any cash, so remember you'll need to pay by card.
What can you do yourself?
- Keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from everyone else
- Do not shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly with water and soap, for more than 25 seconds
- If you need to cough or sneeze, do so into a paper tissue, a handkerchief or in the inside of your elbow
- Use paper handkerchiefs and throw these away after use
- Should someone become ill, then report this immediately by telephoning the local general practice doctor [telefoon plaatselijke huisarts] and keep us informed 0031 23-5411570.
On our website you'll find the latest information about Corona virus and the measures that have been taken at Camping de Lakens in order to comply with the regulations.
CANCELLING AND RE-BOOKING
Do you have an existing booking at Camping de Lakens, and do present regulations make it impossible to come and stay with us? We want to help you! Below is the range of solutions we can offer:
Arrival between the 4th of May and the 30th of June*
- If you have booked an Airstream, Laidbackshack, Beachlodge, Beachbus or a Seashack you are very welcome to come and stay.
- If you booked a rental accommodation without private bathroom facilities, or a camping pitch and you do not have your own badroom facilities, the following options exist:
- If available, you can rebook to stay in a rental accommodation with private bathroom facilities.
- You can change the dates of your existing booking
- You can opt to receive a voucher
- We'll contact you in the coming days.
* except (half-) season and extended Early Season packages
Arrivals after the 30th of June 2020;
All bookings with an arrival date after the 30th of June will remain valid until further notice. Do you wish to cancel anyway? Please read the Recron conditions.
If you do not have your own bathroom facilities (minimum a toilet), you could consider buying a chemical toilet. They are available from € 50.00. It is not possible to place portaloos, showers or similar items on the pitch.
If you do not have your own sanitary facilities, it is possible to cancel the booking until 1 July 2020. For this we would like to receive the booking number and a written confirmation by email. You will then receive a voucher from us for the amount paid. The specific conditions for this are on our website.
With love, Team de Lakens